Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1. Tell us about yourself. What is your major and class standing? Where is your internship located and how did you get it?

My name is Taressa Diaz. I am a senior Sociology major and Business Management minor. I am currently an intern at PPL Corporation, a fortune 500 utility company located in Allentown, PA. I currently work in the Human Resources: Recruiting and Selection Department. I was also an intern at PPL in the Human Resources: College Relations Department in Fall of 2010. I have always known about PPL since I am from Allentown. I also have an aunt who has been employed with them for over ten years. I had known that they were a good employer, so I sought out their internship opportunities. I plan on working in Human Resources upon my graduation in May, so once I saw that they had internships in their HR department I made sure that I applied. After completing my internship in the fall, I was offered another internship position within their HR department. I started the new position in January and will be working there until graduation. Working at PPL has been a great experience, I have learned so much about myself as an aspiring professional and I have been able to enhance my leadership, team-building, and communication skills. I am looking forward to learning even more in my new department.

No comments:

Post a Comment