Wednesday, May 4, 2011

8. What was the most difficult assignment/task/challenge that you were faced with? How did you deal with it? What did you learn from it?

I cannot pinpoint a particular assignment that was challenging for me, but I can say that my day-to-day tasks were difficult for me to catch onto at first. One of my main job duties is to search for candidates for our full-time positions. I work together with the recruiters and hiring managers to find out key characteristics that they are looking for in a candidate to fill that position and then I use various job boards and niche websites to source for candidates. When I first started this internship, I was very unsure of myself while sourcing. I knew what I was looking for, but I didn't know where to draw the line. It was rare that I found a candidate with all characteristics and skills we were looking for, so I was unsure of when to decide to forward a candidate along or not. I also had other concerns such as, when do I stop forwarding candidates, what is a good amount to forward to the hiring manager, etc. The way I dealt with this was I created a list of questions and sat down with a recruiter on my team so that I could get their input and learn from them. I also looked at resumes that some of our recruiters had forwarded along for certain positions so that I could see what they thought was a 'good resume'. I was able to learn that it always helps to ask questions and I also learned to never doubt myself because once I received the answers to my questions I saw that I was already on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment