Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5. If you are earning credit for your internship, what types of assignments/projects are required by the College to earn credit?

I earned credit for my internship that I had in the fall. I was able to earn 2 credits for this internship rather than just one because I was working 30 hours per week. To get this to count for credit, I was required to select a professor to advise me throughout my internship experience. I chose Dr. Katie Desiderio. I met with her bi-weekly and we discussed the projects and assignments that I have been working on for my internship. I was also required to submit one journal entry to her each week describing my experiences that week. For my final project, I created a 20 minute PowerPoint presentation describing my experience at PPL. I presented this to my department at work as well as Dr. Desiderio. For my final grade, I was graded on my presentation, my involvement in the bi-weekly meetings, my completion of assignments, as well as the feedback that Dr. Desiderio gathered from my supervisors regarding my performance. For my internship this semester, I was unable to get it to count for class credit because it was within the same department (Human Resources) at the same corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment