Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2. How did you feel on the first day? How did it go? Were your expectations met? Can you describe anything that surprised you?

I was very anxious on my first day. I had a professional job previously working at the local court house part time, but working in corporate america was a totally different feeling. I was unsure of what the culture was going to be like and what to expect from my supervisors and the other people within my department. In my head I had assumed that everyone would be very serious in personality and somewhat hard on me as an intern. However, it was quite the opposite. Everyone within my department was so outgoing and friendly. They all made me feel welcome and were so eager to help me with any questions. They really made me feel like a part of the team and that was a great relief for my first day jitters. It was a very professional environment and a comfortable place to work. I was surprised at how much fun they all had at work. Everyone had a never ending list of things to do and they would get it all done but still manage to find time to laugh and enjoy work. It was great to see and I hope that I can have that type of work environment when I graduate and begin my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment