Wednesday, October 12, 2011

4. Tell us about your life outside of the internship. Are you living in a new location? Have you met new people?

While working in the lab, I was housed on the Albert Einstein College of Medicine campus in apartments rented out for MD and PhD students. Since I was part of a larger summer program, everyone was housed with roommates, and I ending up making great friends with people from all over the country that were there participating in the same program (50 people!). I still keep in contact with some of the people I met, and we plan on having a reunion possibly over winter break. The one part that worried me going into the internship was that I would be living in the Bronx in NY which doesn't have the best reputation. Albert Einstein is located in a nicer area of the Bronx however, and it was a great chance for me to get out of my comfort zone. I fell head over heels in love with New York City and even the Bronx for its unique atmosphere and world famous Italian food. I spent weekends (and even some weeknights) going into Manhattan to explore the city, go to museums, see free concerts, go shopping, and see shows on Broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment