Wednesday, October 12, 2011

2. How did you feel on the first day? How did it go? Were your expectations met? Can you describe anything that surprised you?

At first I felt so nervous because I would be living in a new place for the entire summer and I don't really consider myself a city girl either. I also had only had brief experience working in a lab and was nervous they would expect me to know everything! I ended up loving my roommate so that helped, and everyone else in the program was so nice. My lab was understanding and taught me a lot to the point that within one or two weeks they trusted me to run experiments by myself. This internship went above and beyond my expectations and it was definitely the best summer I have had since I entered college. I also began to love the city and became a master of public transportation and I think it would be amazing to be able to live in NYC to either attend medical school or work in one of the many amazing research labs there.

No comments:

Post a Comment