Tuesday, April 17, 2012

5. If you are earning credit for your internship, what types of assignments/projects are required by the College to earn credit?

For one college credit, I am required to complete 140 hours at my internship. This works out to about 10 hours a week. Additional requirements were determined through collaboration of my internship adviser and the on-site coordinator. These requirements include completing a daily journal of my experiences, what I like and don't like about the job, and new things that I am learning about the industry as a whole. I also have a plan of action with my on-site coordinator that outlines what types of tasks I will be completing as an intern. I meet with my internship adviser bi-weekly to make sure that I am on track and getting everything I want from the internship. I also meet daily with my on-site coordinator to discuss my plan of action and what I would like to be doing and learning. I have found that, to earn, credit, there are few set-in-stone rules that I must follow. Aside from the minimum hour requirement, my internship was able to be completely customized to fit my needs.   

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you are sharing your experiences. Many students will surely learn from this.

    free college credit

    ReplyDelete